To enhance the academic curriculum and to provide cultural enrichment, field trips are arranged away from the CDE. Required trips to New York City and Washington, DC combine visits to financial institutions with time to explore the many activities of each city. Transportation, hotel room (based on double occupancy), and partial meal expenses for these trips are paid for by the CDE. Any accompanying family members do so at the student’s expense and on a space available basis. Shorter field trips may be arranged by individual professors.
Institutions that have been visited recently include:
- Federal Reserve Bank in New York and Washington, DC;
- United Nations Development Program;
- Moody’s Investors Service;
- The World Bank;
- Inter-American Development Bank;
- The International Monetary Fund;
- Agency for International Development;
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation;
- International Finance Corporation;
- House International Relations Committee, U.S. House of Representatives;
- World Research Institute, and the Center for Global Development.
Other shorter professional excursions are arranged by the CDE staff as time and interest permit. Optional recreational field trips may be planned by students or CDE staff as interest dictates.