You are required to certify adequate funding for the cost of your participation in the MA Program at the Center for Development Economics, Williams College. Please consider the following cost estimates as the minimum amount of funding required.
The visa process cannot be initiated until complete documentation of funding has been received by the CDE office.
Payable by Sponsor to Williams College Upon Enrollment, 2016-2017 academic year
|Tuition and Fees||$52,600|
|Room in College Building2||$7,300|
1. Required of all CDE fellows. Meal plan is 20 meals a week while in session.
2. Required of all CDE fellows unless attending with family.
3. Estimate only. Required of all CDE fellows, including required repatriation coverage; additional costs for spouse and/or additional family members.
Estimates of Additional Costs during the Academic Year
|Books and Reading Materials 4||$800|
|Additional Living Expenses 5||$3,000|
4. Estimate only, varies by course selection
5. Estimated at $300/month for 10 months (laundry, supplies, long-distance phone service, toiletries, meals during break periods)
Total Resources Required for U.S. Visa Certification: $72,600
Totals shown are minimum amounts required by Williams College for U.S. visa certification.
Travel expenses ARE NOT included in this estimate. The above expenses are for an individual studying in the CDE program only. For more information about additional resources required for accompanying family members, please click here.