To apply for admission to the MA in Policy Economics at the Williams College, please submit the application documents by December 1, 2016 for full consideration.
The “Application: Part 1” must be completed and submitted online. All other materials should be sent as email attachments to:
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2017-2018 academic year. Please check back in September 2017 for updated application guidelines and forms for the following admissions cycle.
Required application documents:
• Application: Part 1
• Application: Part 2 [download MS Word or PDF]
• CV (1-2 pages only) [download sample CV format]
• University transcripts showing individual courses taken and grades received for all university degrees earned (scanned copies are acceptable)
• Proof of nationality and date of birth (copy of passport or birth certificate)
• Scores from the GRE general test submitted by December 15 (Required if the GRE is offered in your country as a computer based test)
• Scores from the TOEFL or IELTS exam by December 15 (Not required if the sole language of instruction at your university was English)
To be submitted directly by referee no later than December 15, 2016
• Professional (not academic) reference on the official reference form submitted to Williams College directly by your referee by December 15 (a second professional reference is optional) [download MS Word or PDF]
Please DO NOT submit:
• Certificates from professional training courses (include information on your CV)
• Transcripts from secondary or primary school
If you have copies of your score reports from any of the standardized exams (GRE, TOEFL, IELTS), we will accept scans. If you need to request new copies, or are planning to take an exam for the first time, please have the score reports sent directly to Williams College.
Additional information about standardized testing is available here.
Submit all documents to:
Please note the following:
• Original hard copy documents may be requested at a later date
• Incomplete applications will not be processed
• The decisions of the CDE Admissions Committee are final and confidential