To enhance the academic curriculum and to provide cultural enrichment, field trips are arranged away from the CDE. Required trips to New York City and Washington, DC combine visits to financial institutions with time to explore the many activities of each city. Transportation, hotel room (based on double or triple occupancy), and partial meal expenses for these trips are paid for by the CDE. Any accompanying family members do so at the student’s expense and on a space available basis. Shorter field trips may be arranged by individual professors.
Institutions that have been visited recently in New York include:
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York;
- Goldman Sachs;
- United Nations Development Program;
- Moody’s Investors Service.
Institutions that have been visited recently in Washington, DC include:
- The World Bank;
- Federal Reserve Board of Governors of Washington, DC;
- Inter-American Development Bank;
- The International Monetary Fund;
- International Finance Corporation;
- the Center for Global Development.
Other shorter professional excursions are arranged by the CDE staff as time and interest permit. Optional recreational field trips may be planned by students or CDE staff as interest dictates.